3-5 Library Media and Technology Curriculum
1. Transdisciplinary Strand 1: Research and Information Fluency:
1: Students locate, access, evaluate, synthesize and use information
effectively and efficiently to conduct research, solve problems and
manage projects throughout all content areas.
2. Transdisciplinary Strand 2: Communication and Innovation
2: Students interpret, evaluate, communicate, and work collaboratively
to create innovative products using digital and visual media.
3. Transdisciplinary Strand 3: Technology Operations and Concepts
3: Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts,
systems and operations and use computers and other technologies for
productivity, problem-solving, and learning across all content areas.
4. Transdisciplinary Strand 4: Digital Citizenship
Standard 4: Students practice responsible, legal, safe and ethical use of information resources and technology.
5. Transdisciplinary Strand 5: Literature Appreciation for Independent Learning
Standard 5: Reading is a foundation skill for learning, personal growth, and enjoyment.