Website Training Workshop
- Explore your site - get acquainted with the content, layout, navigation.
- Determine your audience and purpose.
- Jot down most common questions you receive from the public and what information you can post to improve communication.
- Look at other district sites - use a search engine to review other departments (use Advanced Searching techniques, i.e., School Media Center AND K-5 Schools) - and note ideas for improving content of your website.
- Determine short-term goals and long-term goals for your website.
- Use storyboarding technique to plan the website.
- Review the Website guidelines for publishing to the Greenwich Public Schools website.
- Review the website's taxonomy to ensure consistency of content.
- Curriculum - Should include an overview, objectives by grade level and any additional resources.
- Departments - Should include an overview, an F.A.Q if applicable, pertinent information related to the department.
- Gather documents, images (if time) to prepare for website publishing.
- Finalsite Dashboard Overview: Getting to know FinalSite.
- Password: Password security measures.
- Text Editing: Adding or editing text using the text editor including alignment, bulleting/numbering, style.
- Hyperlinks: Links to other websites, links to documents.
- Images: Find, save and insert images. Be sure to adhere to copyright guidelines.
- Clip Art Websites:
- Free Stock Photos:
- Review: Review pages for content, grammatical errors, consistency and adherence to guidelines.
- Monitor: Establish maintenance schedule to check for broken links, outdated information, gaps, etc.
- Update: Update information, add images/multimedia.
- Repeat Process.
Last updated on: 6/24/2010 by F. Kompar